Sunday, July 31, 2011

Urban Decay 24/7 Jackpot Glide-On Eye Pencils

Urban Decay is on of my favourite make-up lines. The only downside to this is that it is extremely hard to get a hold of in Australia and I am from a small town which makes it next to impossible!!! I went away on holidays recently and to my greatest surprise one of the store where I was staying stock Urban Decay...needless to say...I brought everything they had.


I am always watching videos on youtube and have heard nearly everyone mention Zero 24/7 eyeliner at least once and I have been dying to try it.


One of the products that I picked up was the 24/7 Jackpot Glide-On Eye Pencils.



This kit includes 9 travel size 24/7 liners and one full sized liner in Zero. The colours that are included in this kit are amazing. They are so vibrant and barely fade throughout the day.



The colours included in the kit are:

Whiskey is a warm medium brown with a subtle sheen

Eldorado is a true yellow gold with a subtle shimmer

Stash  is an antique gold with a slight metallic sheen

Mildew is a forest green with a subtle gold shimmer

Electric is a bright neon cyan blue with a subtle shimmer

Ransom is a fuchsia tinged violet with a shimmer

Binge is a navy blue with a hint of violet with a soft blue micro shimmer

Rockstar is a rich eggplant with a slight shimmer

Gunmetal is a gun metal sliver with a glitter finish (this is my least favourite of the bunch because of the large, scratchy glitter particles that are in it)

Zero is a standard black, not the blackest black nor the lightest.

Zero was the first liner that I tested. I lined my upper lashes, my tightline and my waterline at 7.30 in the morning. At lunch time the colour on my upper lashes and tightline were still as vibrant as ever, my waterline however had run a little but I that was because I had not set the liner with a powder shadow to seal it. At 5.00 in the afternoon the liner had still not budge on my upper lashes or tightline but had started to fade a little on my waterline. I took my makeup off at 10.00 and the colour was still very noticeable everywhere that I had applied it.

These liners are amazing and are some of the best that I have tried. They glide on so easily that there are no snags on my eyelids when lining them. Gunmetal snags a little bit when using it but I think that, that is solely because it has larger glitter particles in it that the others. The colour payoff is awesome too, a lot of liners that I have tried seem to have little to no colour payoff but with these the colour you see on the packaging it the colour that comes out on your lids. The staying power of these liners are another awesome selling point.

There were two things that I didn't like about these liners. One being the rather large glitter particles that were in gunmetal. I hate glitter, detest it to the point that I think it might be bordering on a phobia (a story for another time perhaps). If the glitter was not in gunmetal the colour would be unbelievable. The second thing I hate is the outside container part of the pencil. It's not like a normal kohl and isn't surrounded by wood. The outside is sort of like plastic and is incredibly difficult to sharpen. A normal sharpener doesn't seem to to do the job and it you are too rough sharpening and removing the pencil it breaks off because the product is so soft meaning you have to sharpen again and before you know it you've lost half your pencil!!!

I think that this set is perfect for anyone just starting out with makeup or for someone who is just wanting to road test these liners too see if they like to use them. I must warn you though...once you use them for the first time you won't want to use anything else.

4 comments:

  1. That blue looks so pretty! :) Great post!

    http://brittanyssecret.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You :)

    The blue is a gorgeous colour when it is on and I think it looks awesome over a purply blue shadow...it just ties the look together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love these eyeliners, coloured liners are my favourite makeup accessories for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, coloured liners have the ability to just take a makeup look tot he next level!!!

    ReplyDelete