Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Dermalogica PreCleanse


Double cleansing is a habit that I think all girls should get into. As a girl who wears makeup on a regular basis and who seems to have a reaction to almost all of the makeup removers that I have come across, Dermalogica's PreCleanse is a godsend.

The product is designed to be used before you wash your face with your everyday cleanser. It is described as a lightweight Olive and Apricot Kernel-based cleansing oil, fortified with Kukui Nut, Borage Seed and Rice Bran oils, that gently liquefies sebum and oil-based debris from the skin’s surface. The hydrophilic (water-loving) formula enables PreCleanse and oil-based debris to be readily rinsed away without leaving behind any greasy residue. Follow with prescribed Dermalogica Cleanser for a thorough double cleansing. Contains no artificial fragrance or color.


It is an oil based cleanser that you start of by applying to dry hands and then massaging into your dry face. I usually massage it into for a minute of so making sure that I concentrate on my eyes to get all of the mascara off. Once you add water the oil will emulsify into a milky substance.


I like this product, however I do have a few things that I don't like about it. Firstly, I really like the smell, it's a nice mixture of lavender and sweet orange, and has a relaxing effect when you are using it. I find that my everyday cleanser is far more effective and produces better results when I cleanser with PreCleanse first. It doesn't sting if you get in your eyes while you are using it, but it does leave a residue behind in your eyes that gives you blurred vision for a couple of seconds. Another things that I don't like about this product is that I find that if I am wearing waterproof mascara (which isn't very often) or if I have more than 2 coats of mascara on I need to wash again with the PreCleanse to make sure that all of the mascara has been removed.

PreCleanse is sold as part of the Fyte Program meaning that any bottle sold comes with a code that you can use to activate a donation from Dermalogica that will help contribute to microlans for women entrepreneurs in developing countries.

I do think that the product is extremely over priced it's $65.50 for 150ml, that being said though the results that it produces means that I will continue purchasing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment