Sunday, August 28, 2011

Belle's Beauty Bits: Product Buildup

Hands up if you have found a shampoo and conditioner that you have just fallen in love with only to find that a few weeks of even a few days later it seems to have stopped working on your hair altogether???


Using hair products like gels and hair spray and even shampoo and conditioner on a daily basis can take a toll on your hair in the form of product buildup. I wash my hair every second day and style my hair with hairspray every morning before I go to work, I also find that sometimes by the end of the week my shampoo just isn't leaving my hair in the silky state that it used to.


In steps my saviour the cleansing shampoo! I use Tresemme Deep Cleansing Shampoo every Sunday night on my hair before washing with my regular shampoo and conditioner. I find that this washes out any buildup that my hair has taken on during the week and gives me a fresh base to start working with Monday morning.



I think Tresemme is a nice cheap brand but there are plenty out there on the market. Bumble and bumble market a shampoo appropriately called Sunday Shampoo and it is designed to be used once a week to rid your hair of product buildup, hard water minerals and pollutants.



So next time the shampoo and conditioner you love suddenly stops working for you don't throw it out and buy a new one. Duck down to you local supermarket and invest in a bottle of cleansing shampoo.

xoxo
Belle

2 comments:

  1. Great tip! I use Neutrogena's cleansing shampoo every Sunday as well...it really helps!

    <3 Melanie @ http://beauty.adorability.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You :)

    It's such an easy tip that has saved me a bundle :)

    ReplyDelete