Sunday, August 7, 2011

Maybelline Fit Me Collection


I am such a sucker for new products. Every time I see one I have to go out and inspect it and more often than not I end up buying it. I read reviews from other beauty bloggers and always convince myself that just because they have had a bad experience with it I won't, my skin will be just fine. But alas in this instance that was not been that case.

I never seem to be able to find a foundation that matches my colour perfectly, they always seem to be too pink or too orange so I was really excited when I heard that Maybelline would be designing a range that would have a wide selection of colours and would use a numbering system to make it easier for you to choose foundation, concealer, powder, blush and bronzer that will all complement your skin tone.

So I trotted down to my local Big W to check the collection out. I must admit that I was a little disappointed. Maybelline boast that there will be 18 different shades available; 6 light, 6 medium and 6 dark however here in Australia it looks like we will only have access to 12 colours. I was able to pick up a shade that looked like it would fit me and from there I chose the corresponding concealer and powder. I was going to get one of the blushes as well but when I attempted to swatch them the colour payoff was practically nothing.

I will admit that when I first applied the foundation I was really impressed. It gave me a smooth dewy finish but not too dewy considering that fact that I have oily skin. The concealer was nice, it was creamy and easily blendable and the powder applied to my t-zone mattified my face really nicely *queue obligatory poser photo*


That being said I went to an exam at uni for 3 hours and came home to this...





Look that that shine!!! That is terrible and quite frankly disgusting for the amount of money that I spent on this collection. The foundation alone cost me $26 in reality for the result it should have been more like $5!!! You can't really see it too well in the pictures above but the concealer had also settled into the fine lines under my eyes.

The look of the packaging it really appealing it's sleek and there isn;t too much information comepting for your attention. However the foundation bottle doesn't come with a pump which makes it messy and the concealer doesn't have one of those little stoppers at the top of the lid that wipes away the excess product as you pull the wand out meaning that there is a considerable amount of concealer all the way up the wand.

The foundation is light to medium coverage and I think that it would be more suited to people with dry relatively clear skin...oily acne prone skinned people need not waste their money as they will end up looking like I did above.

I am a real fan of most things Maybelline. I love their lipstick and adore their mascaras. I think that the concept behind this range is an excellent one but unfortunately in this instance Maybelline wasn't able to marry the concept and the practical together to create the amazing line that this should have been. 

No comments:

Post a Comment