Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Beauty Rant: Jurlique Clarifying Day Care Lotion





I have very oily skin...sometimes so oily that it looks like I have washed my face in oil. This has been a problem for most of my teenage/young adult life and I have constantly been searching for a moisturiser that would help reduce this.


A couple of weeks ago I ran out of my normal moisturizer and being skint on cash at the moment I thought I would go for a cheaper option. I headed to my local chemist and started looking through the products, I came across the skin care line by Jurlique.


Jurlique is a line that claims to be made of all natural ingredients, seeing as my skin tends to react badly to most skin care lines I reasoned that all natural products would probably be a good way to go, so I picked up the Clarifying Day Care Lotion and trotted up to the cashiers desk. After paying for my moisturizer and nearly choking when she told me the price...so much for not spending much money...I went home.


Jurlique promises that this product is a lightweight moisturising lotion for oily skin that helps rebalance skin oiliness, hydrate, soothe and calm skin and provide natural antioxidant protection.


My first impression of the packaging was that it was really cute, it's a a small 30mL glass bottle with a plastic pump top. The smell however is entirely different. I pumped some onto my hand and took a whiff only to have my nostrils assaulted with something that smelled like a cross between chamomile and plastic and the colour and consistency is an almost carbon copy of Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion.


After applying it to my face and putting my make up on I headed to work hoping for an oily free day. 10am rolled around and I headed to the bathroom to check my makeup and to my horror my face was oilier than I had ever seen it.


I was so disappointed with this moisturiser because even after blotting and powdering my face it was back to looking like an oil slick every couple of hours and after paying $50.00 AUD I expected it to perform much better. I definitely wouldn't recommend this to anyone with oily skin...even though that is the skin type that it is marketed towards...it may however work a little better for someone with drier skin.


xoxo
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment